Before YOU Select a Face Painter for Your Next Party or Event…
Here are seven Facts You Must Know!
Overlook these seven face painting must-haves and that special, anticipated occasion could be a total flop and embarrassment!
It’s that once-a-year annual event, a special birthday or celebration, an opening night or special showcase. You want everybody to rave about it. You want children and parents to praise you for excellent entertainment. So you select a Face Painter. But you, like many people, decided any face painter will do. After all, how hard can face painting be, right? Wrong! And then, the function turns out to be a total flop. Children are unhappy, and so are the parents. You promoted face painting and it was a disaster. And so you wish you had spent more time, making the right decision.
Did you know that face painting is an unregulated industry? Anybody can face paint. Anybody can call themselves a face painter. There are no rules on paints you should use, there are no minimum standards, and most face painting is done by liquid water paint. With face painting, there is difference, like chalk and cheese.
Imaging that instead of the above you just read you made the right face painting selection. You picked a painter that brought a experience totally beyond your expectation, with designs you never would have thought were even possible, colours, patterns, and effects normally only seen in theatres or movies, captivating the hearts and minds of everyone at your function. One that is talked about for years, and one people will applaud you for, asking you where you found this face painter.
Isn’t it time you had this result from a face painting entertainer?
Well, now you can, and it simply starts by understanding the seven face painting fundamental factors you need to be aware of, to make your face painting experience a truly outstanding and memorable occasion that will talked out for years to come.
1. You need to have a reassurance of an extremely high quality standard, and know how fast they can paint. Anybody can put a brush in some water paint, paint a flower, and call themselves a face painter. Demand to see example of their work – not online, but have them send you recent pictures done in the last few days. Challenge the face painter to face paint a specific and zugrav unique example – something they will not expect to do – and have them send you an email picture within a day.
Ask, who they have painted for? What large crowds? Theme parks? Corporate clients? Ask for specific names you can contact to verify the face painting. What large events, such as football games, shopping centre openings, boat shows, etcetera. If the face painter shows any hesitancy, then contact someone else for face painting.
2. The painter must be an artist with creative flair. You can’t have a child ask for a design, and have the painter say, “Oh. I can’t do that.” There need to be almost no limits to what face painting designs can be painted. The face painter needs to paint what you want, not just what’s in the book. Otherwise they are just a good copier and this will limit the experience the face painter can bring you. After artistic face painting people grabbing their cameras to take lasting photos is the result you want.
3. Painters need to be fully trained in much more than just painting faces. Health, hygiene, etiquette, people skills, children skills, special needs and special requirements are all necessary.
4. Face painters need to use professional and specialised face and body paints. Not liquid paint. Professional quality face paint goes on beautifully, doesn’t flake or peel off, and lasts all day. Even better, it is simply removed with a moist towelette. If face painted properly, children will be so in love with it, they won’t want to wash their faces! It should also be safe to leave it on.
5. A face painter needs to be larger than life. Somebody special they need to come in a costume character, to bring the total experience to life. Children (and adults!) need to associate the face painter as a magical being or experience, one they will never see again. A costume character they won’t come across. Like a face painting fairy, from an enchanted garden.
6. Face Painters need to be versatile. Some children don’t like or are shy about face painting. Providing balloon-sculpting for those children who don’t want their faces painted is a good alternative. This way, every child should feel special, and everyone is included in the fantastic experience!
7. Your face painter must have your satisfaction 100% guaranteed, so, if at the end of your event – if you don’t think it was total value for money – you don’t expect to have to pay for your face painter. With a 100% guarantee, you can be confident that you have made the right decision, and get the quality you deserve. Some painters are frightened of guaranteeing your satisfaction. Ask the question and see what happens….
Remember, the goal of a face painter is not only happy kids, and wonderful memories, but for you – as parents or organisers – to receive countless praise for your section and good judgement. The face painter wants to leave no doubt in your mind that they will give you an entertainment experience beyond your expectation.